Access road within scope of project.
Project Name: Emergency Water Source and Helispot Assessment
Status: Funding has been applied for
The Project Description
This project will result in a map and database of existing and potential water sources and existing and potential helispot locations within and nearby the Lower Scott River Fire Safe Council.
The purpose of this map and database is to allow responders to quickly identify and locate water sources and heliports in an emergency.
• Water sources will be used to fill fire-fighting tanker engines and/or dipping buckets for helicopters.
• Heliport locations will allow for fire fighter drops and emergency evacuation.
• A copy of the map and database will be given to all responders (California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection (CDF), Klamath National Forest, and the Scott Valley Fire Protection District) and FSC members so that they can refer to the map and database in the event of a wildfire.
• The information will be incorporated into the FSC Community Wildfire Protection Plan and provide it to the Siskiyou County FSC for incorporation into the countywide plan.
• The assessment method will be shared with other local fire safe councils so that they may use the templates and methods, if desired.
California Department of Forestry (CDF)
Klamath National Forest
Scott Valley Fire Protection District
The Residents and Landowners of the Lower Scott River Fire Safe Council Area
Northern California Resource Center
P.O. Box 342 Fort Jones, California 96032